Sunday, June 19, 2011

Great Dane Group of Indianapolis....First Meetup

  Tonight was a wonderful and exciting evening for Keena and myself...it was our first chance to meet up with the Great Dane Group of Indianapolis. This is a group of "Dane people" that live in and around Indy and own and love this wonderful breed! There are about 100 members total but not all of those show up to the bimonthly meetings. This evening we met up in downtown Indy to walk on the canal. It was absolutely fantstic weather, not to hot and not too muggy. I was so excited to get there and meet everybody and their dogs. I was also a little worried about how Keena would react to the other dogs. It was absolute fantastic!!!! Keena did wonderfully and loved all the other dogs and most of them loved her too!  The owners were just so kind and easy to talk to. The best part of this evening was finding out that all of these people went through the same things that I have with Keena. We talked, laughed, and had the best time. I believe that I have made some good friends and plan on going to as many meet ups as I possibly can! 
  The dogs this evening were fantastic and beautiful! There were Harlequins, brindle, merle and more black and whites like Keena. Size varied from about 90 lbs  to 175 ish and the height varied drastically. One dog there, named Wrigley, was only 5 and a half months old and is as big as Keena! He is from champion lines and will be used as a stud. His owner is actually the wonderful lady who runs the Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue Inc, and she said that Wrigley's dad weighed in over 200 lbs! This hound is going to be massive and he was actually Keena's favorite. I hope that Liz, FFGDRI's leader and Wrigley's owner, and I can become friends because I just recently filled out an application to be a volunteer for the group. I hope that I can help rescue danes and save some lives. It was a great evening and Keena is absolutely exhausted! Nothing like making some new friends and meeting more people who love the dogs that I do. I didn't get any pictures to day but plan to for our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment