Monday, June 20, 2011

Crock Pot Adventures

Growing up my mom used to use her crock pot all the time. It was nice to come home and walk into a house filled with the delicious smells of a home cooked meal. Well, I have had a crock pot for months but have only used it a few times (mostly for warming things up). My sister, Abbie, has been making lot of really cool meals recently with her crock pot so I decided to give it a shot. Today I made a whole chicken in my crock pot! I was a little worried about how it would turn out since the recipe says to leave it in there for 7 hours and mine was in there for almost 12! I had a REALLY long day at work today and was afraid it might be a little dry. I was pleasantly surprised to come home to the wonderful aroma of a beautifully cooked chicken! It was gorgeous and delicious. Also, I had so much chicken that I ate dinner, have some for lunch tomorrow and made some homemade chicken salad! It's so nice to come home to a meal that is already made! I like having a hot dinner waiting for me! I decided to be nice and share some of one of the chicken breasts with Keena. To be honest, I felt bad that she had been home smelling it all day. She loved it and so did I; we will be cooking a whole chicken again!


My beautiful bird!

It was falling off the bone....I could barely get it from the crock pot to the cutting  board!

"I want that chicken, woman!"

"Oh boy!! Can I eat it...please...please?!?!?!?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment