Thursday, February 16, 2012

Why People Tell You Not to Run in The House

    Tonight was a little crazy and hectic but I am glad to say that it ended well. When I get home from work I go upstairs and let Keena out of my bed room she runs down the stairs to the back door and prances around until I take her out to relieve herself. Well, today went a little differently. Caitlyn had just gotten in from taking Enzo out to the bathroom and Keena ran into the kitchen and slid on the floor into the storm door. Somehow her paw managed to slide under the storm door when the door was still shut! She started howling and screaming....a noise I have never heard her make before. Caitlyn tried to open the door but it was obviously stuck and the handle broke off! I ran over and slammed into the door to get it to open. Keena was happy to escape her temporary trap and limped only for a few minutes. She let me examine her paw (no damage thankfully) and was happy when we went out and she got to go to the bathroom! Needless to say hearing your beloved pet cry out in pain like that is extremely heart wrenching. I love Keena like a child and I will do whatever I can to protect her....and I know in my heart she would do the same for me.
   Charles came over this evening and he, like always, gave Keena some love and attention. We went to Subway and had dinner and I even gave Keena a few pieces of spinach and cucumber. She deserved it after her traumatic experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment