Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthy Kong

 I LOVE giving Keena treats and little goodies but because of her weight issues I have to be very careful about what and how much I give her. I've been pushing her to try new veggies and fruits and she is finally starting to getting into them! Now, I love using her Kong and I encourage all dog owners to buy their pets puzzle feeders! They are so good for the dogs and keep them mentally stimulated as well as actually wear them out a little bit while your away at work! Also, puzzle feeders like the Kong are much safer to leave your dog alone with than rawhides and bones. I have been packing Keena's gigantic sized Kong with veggies and tonight I put a little bit of fruit in it as well! I use about a table spoon of canned dog food to form a plug at the largest opening of the Kong and then freeze the whole thing over night. Putting it in the freezer makes it even a little more challenging for your pet to get out and they work their minds even more! My roommate gives her dogs Kongs and puzzle feeders as well and she uses all kinds of things. She puts a wide variety of veggies in there, some kinds of meats, and plain yogurt. These dogs go crazy for some frozen yogurt! Guess they aren't too much different than humans!

Her Kong is leaning on the plate and I have prepped some carrots, cucumnbers and bananas


I put about a tablespoon of canned dog food in the top to keep all of the goodies in.

No comments:

Post a Comment