Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

 Oh my goodness! This weekend has been a whirlwind of crazy happiness! The man of my dreams asked me to marry him!!!!!! I'M ENGAGED!!!!  He proposed to me at a local mexican restaurant on Friday February 24th, 2012. I don't think I have ever been this happy in my life! We had a romantic dinner and called our parents and siblings to let them know the good news. On Saturday my parents came up to visit us and we did my taxes and went to a wonderful lunch together.  My mom started talking to us about budgetting and how to start planning for our wedding and future. It was a wonderful day and she gave us some advice that we have already found extremely helpful.  After our great visit Charles and I went to Indy to visit his family. It was his cousin's birthday dinner and we all went to Tappenyaki Grill. It was amazing! They had a huge chinese buffet, fresh sushi, and a hibachi grill were you can get steaks made just for you or get your own pasta and veggie combo made. We had a wonderful time celebrating Brittney's birthday and we got to announce to his closest family members that we are engaged! We did not leave the restaurant until almost 10! Afterwards we went back to his parents house and talked some more and eventually made it home around 11. This weekend has been so fantastic...I cannot imagine a better way to celebrate our love and commitment to each other. I love Charles more than anything and am proud and honored to say that I am his fiancee! As far as Keena is concerned...her weekend has been fantastic because she has gotten loved on by Charles and my parents this weekend! I know she is happy that Charles is a more "permanent" fixture in our lives and I love watching their relationship grow. She is getting even more affectionate with him than before and she loves her new father!

My ring!!!

Charles and  at Parky's for lunch with my parents.



 

2 comments: