Monday, May 2, 2011

Friend Fiasco



Not long after Keena came into my life I took her to Evansville, my home town, for the first time. She does amazinly well in the car actually. I met up with my friend, Anna, for a play date with her German Shepherd mix, Oliver. The play date was less than desired, however, and ended a little on the rough side. Keena had never played with a dog before Oliver and she didn't really know what to do with herself. At first she wasn't interested in him and just wanted to sniff the new "turf" I had brought her to. Oliver, on the other hand, LOVES to play and wanted to engage in some romping with my dear Keena. Unfortunately, Keena doesn't know how much bigger she is than Oliver and things got a little out of hand. We broke up things quickly and put the dogs in neutral corners with no major injuries acquired. I think Oliver was a little shaken though; the last time we got the dogs together he didn't want much to do with Keena.  This time she wanted to play and actually knew how to. Maybe next time they can learn to be friends, even if they dont play together. :)


                                                           Oliver running to greet his new "friend".
                                                        Sharing a drink of water, playing is hard work.
                                                   Oliver, "Wanna play?"
                                                   Keena, "With you?"
  Ok, I guess this guy isn't so bad....

*These pictures are BEFORE the intense moments*

2 comments:

  1. Darwin gets a little slap happy playing with other dogs. It makes me nervous when the other dog is smaller than her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keena just doesnt realize how big she is sometimes I think. And she likes to play with her paws and bat her playmate. If said playmate is small, thats when I worry.

    ReplyDelete