Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bikini Body

As you all know, sprummer (Spring/Summer) has FINALLY arrived! I combine the words because Indiana went from pretty cool and raining all the time to hot! Well, as will most people summer time means you need your "bikini body" for swim suit season and Keena is no exception! She loves to keep herself toned and shapely (gotta keep that hour glass figure!). What is her secret, you may ask? First, she gets plenty of beauty sleep....18 hours minimum! Second, she stretches her muscles out very well before beginning her excercise routine of climbing on and off the couch, playing for a few minutes with a select few toys, and pacing from window to window when she hears a noise. I probably exaggerated when I said she slept for 18 hours a day but for a young day she really does sleep a lot, even when I'm home all day she naps most of the time. I try to walk her but am not as good as I should be. I have high hopes for this summer and plan to get a pass to a dog park near by and walk her in the evenings. Owning a giant breed dog means that I have to be careful that she doesn't over heat. Sometimes a walk in 70 degree weather and she is panting in minutes. The great thing about summer is that it's light much later and we can enjoy a walk after work!

The all important beauty sleep.

More sleep...this time WHILE stretching! Multitasking at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment