Saturday, May 7, 2011

Battle Wounds

I had always planned on crate training my dogs before I ever even had one. I believe, if done correctly, it is a wonderful way to keep your dog safe and your house safe as well. I went out and got the giant crate to fit my new giant pooch. She did alright with it at first but seemed sad, if you will, when I would tell her to go in it. After a while she learned to escape and destroyed my blind and wrecked my apartment. After some thought I decided to put some clips on the door of her crate to prevent future escapes. Those worked for a while until one horrible evening I came home to find a horrific scene! She was panting heavily, collar missing, crate in ruins, and a blood splatter on my wall on the other side of the room! Her face was swollen two to three times its original size. I was horrified, to say the least, and called my mom. She calmed me down so that I could take care of my fur baby. I tried to ease her pain with a cool wash cloth, which she hated, and watched her throughout the night. I made an appointment with the vet the next day and luckily there was no serious damage. With some medication and love my girl came through with only my memory and the marks on her poor face to remind us of the tragic tale.



My blind...it's even worse now.

Keena, after most of the swelling went down. :(

My little Scarface

No comments:

Post a Comment