Sunday, May 5, 2013

Shingles

  Coming back from the honeymoon for us was more than a reality check! We were pummeled with stress and madness! The Thursday of our honeymoon I had a spot show up on my forehead that looked and felt like a mosquito bite. When Saturday rolled around I had a few more bumps all right there on my forehead. On Sunday all hell broke loose! My face became a huge swollen festering mess of a disease of some sort! It hurt so much and I was miserable. Charles went to CVS and got me some Benadryl and Hydrocortizone cream to try and help me. I was taking Ibuprofen because my whole right side of my face was swollen. I had also developed a patch on the top of my head.
  After a long and painful day of work I went to the Immediate Care facility with Charles. The doctor didn't know what it was and put me on some antibiotic. After a few days it got a little bit better but I was still a ton of pain. My right eye was really affected by this and even bright lights made it tear up like I was crying. By Thursday I had had enough and we went back to the doctor. This time, before I even said anything, he mentioned Shingles. My aunts and friend thought it was shingles from the very beginning but I was trying to trust my doctors! He put me on a new antibiotic and gave me some pain medicine. This doctor was definitely right! After just a day on his medicine I started feeling much better and my diseased forehead began to dry up.
   Shingles has been one of the most painful experiences of my life! I had massive gallbladder attacks that put me in the ER but this was worse! Such intense headaches and pain....just on my right side! I am thankful that I have insurance so I was able to get the medical help I needed. It was horrible and I suggest to all of you out there to get a Shingles shot!!! I pray that none of you get this painful nasty disease!
My head all bandaged up

Finally healing up

I know I look terrible but look at how swollen my right side (which is on the left) of my face is! Even my lymph nodes in front of my right ear were super swollen!

Eek...

No comments:

Post a Comment