Sunday, May 5, 2013

Grandma Wolf

  Not only have I been dealing with shingles but my Grandma Wolf (my mom's mom) had a valve replaced a week from last Tuesday. We knew this was a big deal but we were hoping she was going to recover quickly. This definitely did not happen, unfortunately. She has had a very rough time and many highs and lows. Since all of this is in Indy and all of my family is from Evansville this has been even more difficult. Several of my aunts have been up here since the surgery and it is wearing on everyone! I have been trying to get to the hospital as much as I can but with my shingles (where I cannot touch my grandma) and this week at work has been crazy with very late days. We have no doubt that she will be ok...this is just a very frustrating roller coaster. It is hard to watch her this weak and to be in this much pain. It upsets us all. We are trying our best to keep an upbeat and positive attitude. My grandma is the strongest and most amazing woman I know. She is the mother of thirteen and unfortunately she had to do most of the child rearing because when my grandpa was alive he was working all of the time and he passed at a young age. She has been through so much and never panics, always remains calm and is the corner stone of our family. We love you Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment