Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot Hot HOT!

Sorry it has been a little while since my last post, the last week or so has just been crazy! I went to Evansville last weekend with my dear friend Katharine and had a lot of fun catching up and seeing each other. Katharine was my roommate in college and now she is married (to my friend Philip) and lives in Wisconsin! It is far away and I miss her a lot but we still talk all the time and we made a deal and meet up as often as our schedules and wallets allow us! Keena was excited because she got a day at the spa! I took her to doggy day care on that Friday because we were going to Holiday World and I didn't want her to be locked up all day and all night. She got a a bath and her nails done and got to play with the other dogs and had a wonderful time. There was another Dane, Max, there that day is just absolutely massive! He weighs about 50-60 lbs more than Keena but apparently they get along very well! She was so happy to see me when I picked her up on Saturday that she almost jumped over the counter to get to me! The counter there is several feet high and she would have cleared it if the owner of the day care hadn't been holding onto the leash! It was a great weekend to visit with family and friends and I was able to be there for my sisters birthday! Abbie is my oldest sibling and I was poking a lot of fun at her for turning 29. The truth is that part of me is extremely jealous of Abbie. She is happily married and expecting her third child! She is a wonderful mother and I am very happy that I was able to be there to help her celbrate! (not to mention I love seeing my parents and my neice and nephew!) Unfortunately, no pictures were taken....but it was a fantastic and EXHAUSTING weekend! Since I have been back Keena and myself have been fighting the heat! This week has been averaging 100 degrees at least with the heat index, somedays not including the heat index! It's so miserably hot that I haven't even been able to take Keena on walks in the evening because it is still in the 90s. I also am leary of walking her because of the injuries she had to her paws earlier. After I picked her up from doggy day care she was a little tender footed. The vet said that hot asphalt and pavement can burn their pads too and she also acts like the dry and dead grass pokes her tender spots and is uncomfortable. Soon I am hoping it will cool down and we can walk comfortably!

No comments:

Post a Comment