Sunday, July 10, 2011

Eagle Creek

Tonight my friends, Caitlyn and Logan, asked me if I wanted to bring Keena and go to eagle creek park in Indy. We have never been there so I agreed and loaded Keena and my "doggy bag." After getting a little lost we found the park and got the dogs out. It's a very beautiful area and very busy on this hot evening. The walk went well and Keena enjoyed the company until we noticed that she was walking really slowly. Now, at the end of walks most of the time she gets pretty tired and slows down. This time felt a little different and she kept wanting to lay down. I then noticed that she was limping. I had her lie down and looked and sure enough she has a spot on her front paw where the pad "skin" has kind of peeled back and exposed some tender skin areas. :( I had to really coax her up the stairs and she immediately laid down. I cleaned out her injury and put some medicine and gauze on it. She let me tape it up and is leaving it alone. I believe that she will be perfectly fine but I just hate seeing her hurt! My mom put it into perspective for me and said, "what would you do if it were on your foot?" So, she is bandaged up and will be catered to for the next day or too. Hehe. Good thing she sleeps pretty much all day when I'm at work. I think the injury seemed worse because we were walking on gravel and and she is exhausted fromt he walk. I think we will not walk for a few days...poor Miss Keena. On a good note, she got along splendidly with Caitlyn and Logan's three dogs. I'm so glad because this was the first time she met their dog, Enzo.


Posing by the creek

Sitting nicely in front of the fisherman...who was wearing jeans and in the water up to his butt!

Watching the fisherman
Logan getting Mannii to pose on the rocks.

Shelby (left) and Enzo sitting nicely.
While Shelby and Mannii were in the water Enzo sat next to Keena. Keena is NOT a water dog. Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment