Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hair Hair and More Hair!!!

Hello everyone! I know it has been AGES since my last post! My computer is still not in complete working order! So, what has been happening with myself and Miss Keena in the past month or so? A TON! First of all, all of Keena's hair has grown back! Thank goodness for Melatonin! If you don't remember from my last post, Keen had some patches of hairloss on her sides. The vet couldn't figure out what was causing it and after ruling out a thyroid issue (thank goodness) she told me to try Melatonin to see if it was seasonal hair loss. I guess there are several breeds out there that get seasonal hairloss and a little melatonin helps them grow it back! In just a few months all of her hair came back and she has her gorgeous coat again! The hair loss never seemed to bother her much but it sure bothered me. I am very relieved to see her looking healthy again!  Above is a picture of one of her biggest spots that was missing hair. You can see the whiter lines are the edges of where the patch was. This one was very large!

No comments:

Post a Comment