Friday, December 23, 2011

I'm an Aunt....Again!

Keena and I have been busy busy busy. On December 16th, Keena and I drove down to Evansville for a long weekend of family fun! It started on Saturday with the 3rd Annual Boyles Family Christmas night. We get our whole family together (Mom, Dad, Abbie, Brian, Macie Gavin, Allie, and myself) and watch some Christmas movies. It is really nice and helps me get into the Christmas spirit. We made a whole bunch of delicious food and just enjoy each others company. My niece and nephew cannot sit through a whole movie very well with all of the distractions and excitement but overall it was a fantastic time. Keena hung out in my old bedroom because my parents' house is very small and Macie and Gavin do not like Keena very much. She is so much bigger than they are I do not blame them for being frightened. I was proud of Macie, however, who got very close to Keena and ALMOST pet her as long as Aunt Allie was holding her. Someday I hope that they can appreciate what an amazing animal Miss Keena really is. She is so good with the kids she really doesnt do much or seem to care that they are there! Which is exactly what I want. Someday they will be friends.
Lilah Jean. Don't you love the hat?!

Keena loved all of my mom's Christmas decorations. She kept sniffing them all. Here she is snoozing in her own little winter wonderland. :)


   Next for my lovely weekend was a lot of hanging out with friends and family. I even went out to a bar! I haven't done that in quite a while and I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The most exciting part of my time in Evansville was on Monday, December 19th, at 9:27 my newest niece, Lilah Jean Mitchell was born! It was fantastic to meet her and spend quality time with my sister, brother in law, Macie, Gavin and my mom, dad, and Allie. It was just a great weekend and I look forward to going home for new years when we celebrate our own family Christmas since I have to work this weekend and Abbie just had a major surgery and needs some time to recover. I cannot wait to see Lilah again and see how much she has changed in the week and a half I will have been gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment