Friday, September 30, 2011

A Whole New Dog

What a week! This week has been the craziest and best week! Since the move there have been lots and lots of changes happening in the home dynamics and in Keena! Before I moved here Keena was a pretty lazy dog who didn't play with toys, was pretty much a mute and slept all day and night. I love her no matter what (cuz let's face it, I'm a pretty lazy person when I'm at home) but I just thought she was an extremely low energy dog. Boy was I wrong! Since we have moved in she has been full of energy and plays all the time! My friend (and new roommate) Caitlyn and I were wondering how long it was going to take all of our dogs to get along. Keena can be reactive to other dogs and is protective of me and one of Caitlyn's dogs is the same with her. It turns out dogs adapt way better than people do....they are all good friends now and love to play, run, chase, and play bitey face! It's such a wonderful thing to see...it actually melts my heart and makes me smile. My baby girl has friends! As I sit typing this Keena, Manii, Shelby and Enzo are all curled up in balls all over the apartment sleeping. This living situation is going fantastically! Another thing I found interesting was that Keena has NEVER been interested in toys and has only barked a few times since I have had her. I came home from work when my Caitlyn had been off work and she had all the dogs out and they had been playing all day. She told me Keena played tug of war with the other dogs AND barked when she was playing. She has done this several times since then and I even got a few pictures of it! I am extremely happy with the way things have turned out and am loving our new home! :)


Manii attacking Keena

Keena has never played submissive before...I like it.

Three way tug of war

I love this picture...fair fight? (Enzo is the little one)

Keena...playing with a toy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment