Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hiking

Today we went on a hike! The Indianapolis Great Dane Group had a meetup today at Eagle Creek Park.  This was the first time I was able to go on one of these hikes because they have always fallen on Saturdays that I am scheduled to work. Charles and I packed up Keena and headed to the park. It took us a bit to find the entrance we were supposed to find and we were close to being late but made it just in time. Keena really enjoyed the hike and since the weather has been in the 70's for the past week she did not get nearly as tired as she normally does. Charles and I, on the otherhand, were a litte sleepy after this long trek....but we had a lot of fun! Luckily, on of my "dane friends" took pictures so I stole them from her! It feels good to get out and hike and be in the woods. We even saw three deer!! Keena actually spotted them first, I saw her looking in the woods and could not figure out what she was looking out then I saw them. They surprisingly did not run away from us and our dogs and were standing pretty close to us for at least 5-10 minutes. We were extra careful because it seemed to be a doe with her twin babies. :) Nature is fantastic!


My friend Trice with one of her danes Frisco.

Charles walking Keena...I am really glad he is wiling to get involved in her care and taking charge of her. She is a powerful dog that doesn't listen to just anyboody...you need to get her to respect you. It's special to me to see her gaining more and more respect for Charles. :)

Frisco cooling off...he was sitting in the water for a while...too funny.

From the left (dane wise) is Gracie, Keena, Cooper



Gracie and Dutchess


All that walking makes a girl thirsty.

Cooper is one of my favorite danes in the club. He is so vocal and will "talk" to you. Trice is giving him some loving and he is talking away!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day!! And so nice to see so many Danes together!!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Honey! We had a wonderful time! Meeting with the other danes are our favorite outings!

    Annie and Keena

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like a great place for a hike!
    Darwin is a talker too. Every time she gets dropped off for daycare, as soon as she sees the worker she "announces her presence". hahaha

    ReplyDelete