Friday, September 16, 2011

Back to the Fifties Festival

Fall is here and I am in love! Fall is my favorite season and with this glorious weather comes festivals galore! I have always loved festivals and when I found out that my little town is having it's annual "Back to the Fifties Festival" tonight and tomorrow I knew I would be making an appearance tonight! I was hoping to bring Keena with me because I love to introduce to her new people, places and experiences but this particular festival said no pets. :( Now, for those of you who know about the Fall Festival in Evansville, IN where I am from....this festival was MUCH smaller. It covered about one block with approximately five food booths and one blow up bouncy house. The Fall Festival back home cover multiple blocks (cant even tell you off the top of my head) with over a hundred and twenty food booths and an entire section devoted to rides and carnival games! The Fifties festival, however had something my hometown's lacks, Shirly Ann and Bobby, the official "Fifties" couple. Shirly Ann and Bobby have been married for 60 years and the few moments I got to speak to them were very inspiring and sweet. They love each other so much and are so adorable I could cry. I spoke with them after they finished one of their dance numbers and told them how much hope and happiness they give me. Shirly asked me if I have a young man in my life and I said yes. (I just wish Charles had been there with me!) She told me to love him with my heart and be honest and if he was a good man who cherished me the rest would take care of itself. How sweet is she?! I'm pretty sure that I won't let down Shirly Ann and I know Charles will make Bobby proud....he makes me proud everyday! What a wonderful little festival for a sweet little town in Indiana. :)


They had a bunch of really cool old cars so I took some pictures of my favorites.





Our cute court house with the local band set up in front.

These are Shirly Ann's and Bobby's bikes! Too cute! The signs say that they gratuated from schools in Fishers IN in 1941

Shirly Ann and Bobby




Meanwhile....back at the house this is what Keena was doing. :)

ZZZzzzzZzZzZZZZzzZZ........
 

No comments:

Post a Comment