Monday, July 23, 2012

Watermelon

Last week I bought a watermelon that was much to big for me to eat by myself. My friend said she had given her dogs watermelon, rind and all, and they loved it! I decided to try it with Keena! It was a hit! She LOVED the delicious summer time fruit. The only bad thing is that now when I eat watermelon her mouth starts watering! Haha..I am glad I found another treat for her that isn't full of fat. As we know..Keena could stand to lose a few lbs. (Who couldn't though, right?!)
   On other news we are all doing great here in the Boyles-Furr household. Louie is proving to be a real character! He has such a big personality and keeps Keena on her toes for sure. The other day she was sleeping peacefully on the floor and he stalked and attacked her face! She was startled but just rolled over and fell back asleep. The two are coexisting wonderfully and becoming friends. :)

I apologize that the picture is so small but It was from a cell phone.

2 comments:

  1. I am quite jealous of how much Keena seems to love her fruits and veggies--I tried giving Bouncer a grape last night and he wanted nothing to do with it. But he eats napkins like a champ, ha! (And you're right, they do look a lot alike. They should meet someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, don't give him grapes..they are bad for doggies. their skin can get caught in their intestines and be deadly. Luckily for big dogs it's not as big of a deal. I had to convince her to eat them. Lol...the fruits are easier. Try strawberries, cantaloup, melon or something like that...really sweet. She will eat carrots, some squash type things and cucumbers sometimes. But the other day we gave her a popcicle! (The little freeze pops we always had as kids) and not she is obsessed with them. Lol. Good luck and dont give up! Oh...and if Keena is left alone with a box of Kleenex it's history! And I would love for them to meet...if we are ever in Evansville at the same time...let me know!

    ReplyDelete