Monday, March 5, 2012

Canine Companionship

  The best thing about dogs is their ability to love unconditionally. They don't care about physical appearance or how much money you make. Keena loves me no matter what mood I'm in or what I have accomplished that day. She doesn't judge me and she gives me the support that I need. Keena can read me better than anyone or anything else in my life. She knows when I need support and cuddles and will not leave my side until she is confidant that I am feeling better. Silently she encourages me to succeed in my weight loss and motivates me to make myself a better person. I want to see life through her eyes, I want to be able to forgive and forget like she can. She had a horrible start to life and was abused and mistreate yet she still trusted me completely to take care of her and love her. There was no hesitation on her part to love me, no period of adjustment....she simply let me into her heart and accepted me for me. I am now her world....she loves me totally and unconditionally. I feel the same way...even though I am a flawed human who does get angry when she does things that she shouldn't or maybe she's not listening to me as well as she normally does. She is more than a dog to me. Keena is my friend, my companion, my confidant. She doesn't tell my secrets or share my fears with anyone else. She accepts people in my life that love me and I know she will protect me from any physical harm she thinks will come my way. I watch the way she interacts with Charles and I really do believe that she knows that we have a special relationship and likes him more just because of who he is to me. That may sound crazy but it's what I believe. Keena will forever hold a very special place in my life. She is my furbaby....and a pretty awesome part of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment