Sunday, August 21, 2011

Milano Inn Fundraisor

Tonight was a special event for Keena and myself! We picked up Charles and headed to the Milano Inn in Indy. The owners were kind enough to host a fundraisor for the Forever Friends Great Dane Rescue and give our group 10% of all the profits! It was a hit! It started at 4pm and we got there a little after 4:30 because I had to work today and the patio was already pretty packed. Local pet stores and doggy bakeries were so kind and sharing. Keena got a doggy goody bag with treats, a tennis ball, food samples and coupons (really good ones) and she got a sporty green "neck-er-chief", if you will. She really enjoys socializing with the other dogs and getting lots of attention from the other dane people. She is a really good spokesdog for the breed. I had AT LEAST ten people come up to me and tell me how well behaved she is. I would really like to take all the credit for it but I must give props to Keena. She is, in general, a very good dog. She doesn't get into things she isnt supposed, comes when called, listens to commands and does not bark. Now, I do have a hand in some of her behavior as I do train her and work with her but for the most part she is just a laid back dog who likes to find the shady spot of the yard and lay down. I really enjoyed being able to tell her story for her. Since this was a funraisor for Great Danes, what better way to get people to donate money and buy more delicious food than to tell them about Keena's rescue story? I did not get Keena fromt he FFGDRI but she still has a touching story. Another great thing about events like this is that they are exhausting for her! Some people think that to tire a dog you need to just run them around like crazy and work out their bodies. That does help, don't get me wrong, but what a lot of people don't realize is that being around all of those people and other dogs while still listening to commands and using her "manners" is very tiring! She is already snoring on the couch next to me! I had a wonderful time with my amazing Keena, the always fantastic Charles and all of my Great Dane friends! Not to mention the food was SPECTACULAR!!!  I hope the FFGDRI raised a lot of money to save more danes with!!!

Pic of their awesome patio. Story about the Harlequin dane (the black and white one, I know its small): That dane is named Wrigley. Wrigley is only 8 months old and is taller than Keena and weighs 140lbs!!! For those of you that have met my dog....he is already bigger than her at 8 MONTHS!!! Full grown he will probably reach about 200 lbs. :)

Keena in her sporty green "neck-er-chief"

Looking cute in the kerchief

So tired!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment