Monday, August 1, 2011

The Beauty of Dogs

  The life of a dog is a simple one. They have rules that outline how they live in a pack and that tell them how they must interact with other dogs in order to survive. They respect each other and even though they may fight and have disagreements they know how to solve the problem. Now, when a dog fight breaks out it can be scary and dangerous but if you watch what is happening, understand what is going on and observe the results afterwards it can be beautiful. I watch Keena interact with other dogs all the time. She is a power house and a major presence in the room. I watch as people show their fear of her and try to run away like she is vicious simply because she is large and powerful. Dogs don't discriminate that way. They may act in fear and lash out, but once they are able to approach her and take in her scent normally that is that. They read her energy and together they can learn how their roles fit in with each other. Dogs know no color, deformations, or mental illnesses and they will love you no matter what. If I am having a bad day Keena will come up and be extra clingy that day....she knows how I am feeling. She doesn't judge...if you have a hand to scratch her head with she will become your best friend. I wish that we could all live and learn like dogs...experience life through the eyes of a dog. Keena is absolutely gorgeous and she doesn't even know it or care about it! Only humans dwell on her beautiful amber eyes or how shiny her coat is. All Keena cares about is that she gets her tummy rub everyday, gets to eat two meals a day, and has me by her side. She is my body guard, companion, best friend, child, clown, but most of all she is my dog. She doesn't try to be something she is not (besides maybe a lap dog, haha). Dogs don't care if they are a little pudgy, or even if they only have three legs! They don't see the superficial things but instead appreciate our energy and "inner dog" as I like to think about it.
  I had a very bad day at work today. I got injured physically and emotionally. It pains me to know that there are still so many ignorant people out there. When I came home, Keena could tell I was agitated. After she had eaten her dinner she walked over to me on the couch. She sat down in front of me, looked me in the eye, and gave me a big slobbery kiss. Somehow I knew exactly what she was saying...."don't worry, mom; be happy!" and she actually made me laugh. Her world is so simple and beautiful and I am very glad she pulled me back into the big picture. Love should be unconditional and wonderful. If you want love you must give it out...everyday....all day if you can! Keena got an extra long belly rub today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment