Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day...No Labor Involved. :)

 Aaahhhh....it's nice to be off work! Unfortunately, I did have to work this weekend but on this lovely Sunday evening I am enjoying the promise of getting to sleep in tomorrow because I do not work! When you work with animals you are pretty much guaranteed to work every other weekend and on some holidays. It isn't always fun, but it's a necessary evil. I am lucky because when I work on a weekend I get the Friday before the weekend and the Monday following it. Since my normal scheduled day off falls on a Holiday...I get another day off! Yay! So, this week is going to be very short and I will only be working Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and get a three day weekend next weekend! Now, all of this is fantastic BUT during this time off I have things I need to get accomplished. My move is approaching (like 26 days until I must vacate my apartment) and I know those days will go by very quickly. For those of you who know me you know that cleaning and packing are NOT my strong suits. I'm actually pretty proud of how far I have already come. One thing I have learned about myself is that I am a person who needs time to chill after work for a few hours before I can get into the mood to clean.  I know someday this will be a huge struggle but for now as a 24 year old with a fur-child....it works out pretty well. Keena is my best "chilaxing" pal. She knows how to get down and do NOTHING! Actually, she is finding all of the cleaning and packing quite exhausting and will lay on my bed and look at me like I'm a fool when I'm hard at work. Oh, the life of a dog! The weather could not be better for our relaxation session at a cool 70ish. I'm hoping the open windows and smell of approaching fall will get me motivated!



Great Dane smile? I told you, this girl knows how to relax.


She keeps sniffing the air....we love the windows open!

No comments:

Post a Comment